What Are Black Chia Seeds? Chia seeds are unprocessed whole grains (food) derived from the desert plant known as Salvia Hispanica. Grown in Mexico centuries ago, during the Aztec and Mayan civilization, chia seeds have been famous for their use in growing chia pets, and are now becoming popular as a healthy addition to one's diet. Chia Seeds are a whole, vegetarian super-food naturally rich in Omega-3 essential fatty acids, dietary fiber, antioxidants, protein and amino acids. Revered as a natural appetite suppressant and offering a comprehensive range of nutrients, vitamins & minerals, this mild tasting seed is a great addition to smoothies, juices, salads and many other recipes. Dating back to ancient Aztec warriors and used today by endurance athletes and health enthusiasts alike, just a spoonful a day is an easy and delicious way to support your digestive health and satiate your appetite.*
How Do Nature's Lab Black Chia Seeds Support Your Health And Vitality?
- Contribute to overall health, strength, and vitality.*
- Powerful free radical scavenging ability.*
- An excellent source of fiber supporting a feeling of fullness; may help those trying to reduce the calories in their diet.*
- A natural source of omega-3 essential fatty acids (EFAs), particularly alpha-linolenic acid. Omega-3 EFAs are polyunsaturated "good" fats. They're "essential" because the body needs them for complete health, yet it cannot produce them on its own (must be acquired through diet or supplementation).*
- An organic, vegetarian, gluten-free, non-GMO food
Suggested Use: A versatile addition to many snacks and meals! Chia can be powdered or used whole in various dishes, or added to water, beverages, and other liquids as an easy way to satiate hunger.
Other Ingredients: None.
Free Of: Sugar, Salt, Dairy, Eggs, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Shellfish, Yeast, Wheat, Gluten, Corn, Preservatives, Titanium Dioxide, Artificial Colors and Flavors.
Warnings: Store in a cool, dry place.