This mint chocolate whipped body butter is a wonderful recipe that will deliver the benefits of Paradise Springs Spearmint Essential Oil while smelling good enough to eat. Cocoa butter is a healthy fat derived from cocoa beans. Cocoa beans are a high-antioxidant food, and some of these antioxidants remain in cocoa butter even after it’s separated from the beans’ solids, making this recipe a delicious-smelling one that can prevent skin dryness and fight signs of aging. This versatile recipe is even hydrating enough to use as a shaving cream. With a multitude of uses and benefits, this simple recipe is a must-try.
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 20-40 drops Paradise Springs Spearmint Essential Oil (adjustable to desired strength)
- Add coconut oil and cocoa butter to your mixing bowl. For the mixture to whip properly, make sure the cocoa butter is in a solid state. If it has melted in its container, simply place the cocoa butter in the refrigerator until solid. Remove the solid cocoa butter from its container with a butter knife if necessary to put it into the mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle 20-40 drops of Spearmint Essential Oil into the mixing bowl.
- Mix it up. This works best with an electric mixture, though a hand mixer will work as well. Mix on high for 1-2 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl. Continue mixing in 1-2 minute intervals until you have mixed for a total of 8-10 minutes. The mixture should be nice and fluffy.
- Store in a jar with a snug fitting lid to keep the mixture from losing its scent.
Looking for essential oils? Click here to shop Paradise Springs.