Nature's Lab DHEA Supplement, 50 mg - 300 Capsules
Dehydroepiandrosterone (pronounced dee-hi-dro-ep-i-an-dro-stair-own), or more commonly called DHEA, is the most abundant steroid found in the human blood stream. It is also one of the most reliable bio-markers of aging.*
- Powerful antioxidant*
- Hormone regulator (helps regulate thyroid & pituitary glands, enhances thymus gland function)*
- Supports cholesterol health*
- Supports immune system*
- Increases the sensitivity of cells to insulin*
- Assists in returning the body to a balanced state after a stress reaction*
- Helps support cognitive function, bone formation, and libido*
- Supports a healthy mood by increasing the brain's serotonin levels
DHEA is secreted by the adrenal glands, and also produced in the gonads (testes and ovaries), and brain. It is sometimes called the "mother of all hormones" because it is the building block from which estrogen and testosterone are produced, and is vital to health.*
Thousands of scientific articles have been published on DHEA during the last 50 years, but a clear picture of its role in human health didn't begin to emerge until the 1990's.
The adrenal gland's main function is to release hormones in response to stress and physical activity. *
DHEA is the precursor to female and male sex hormones known as estrogen and androgens. For many people, the production of DHEA begins to decrease around the age of 30.*
Nature's Lab DHEA is micronized.