Nature's Lab Iron Plus Vitamin C Fast Melt Tablets - 120 Tablets
90-Day Money Back Guarantee
Made from only the Purest Ingredients
$4 Standard Shipping
Iron is an essential mineral. We cannot create it in our bodies, so to avoid iron deficiency it’s crucial to obtain this vital nutrient from outside sources.* Nature’s Lab Iron Plus Vitamin C fast melt is a daily iron supplement formulated with a jolt of vitamin C to help your body more readily absorb this essential mineral.*
- Supports healthy red blood cells*
- Supports healthy energy levels*
- Carbonyl iron is a form of iron that is gentler on the stomach*
- Vitamin C for enhanced absorption
- Pleasant tasting citrus orange taste with natural flavoring
- Easy to take dissolving fast melt tablets
- Certified Gluten Free by GFCO
- Certified Kosher by OU
Quality Iron Supplements for Women and Men
The FDA recommends a daily intake of 18mg of iron per day for adult men and women. Our iron dietary supplement is standardized to contain 18mg of carbonyl iron. One of the best elemental iron sources is carbonyl iron, which contains 100% elemental iron. This form of iron is highly bioavailable on its own, however adding vitamin C enhances the absorption of this supplement.*
Why We Need Iron
If you take a close look at where iron is stored in the body, you’ll find the vast majority (70%) is found in the blood’s hemoglobin. About 200 different biochemical reactions at the cellular level could not occur without iron. One of iron’s most important functions involves its role in transporting oxygen to organs and tissues.* Even if you do not suffer from iron deficiency anemia, depleted iron stores can lead to feeling easily fatigued and exhausted.*
The most abundant food sources of iron are in animal products such as fish, poultry and red meat. This form of iron is heme-iron, which simply means iron that is derived from hemoglobin. Dark green leafy vegetables, beans and lentils contain high amounts of non-heme iron (iron that is not from the blood’s hemoglobin), however non-heme iron is not as easily absorbed as heme iron. Studies show that vitamin C helps facilitate the uptake of non-heme iron which is why our iron dietary supplement contains 30 mg of vitamin C in the form of ascorbic acid.
Of course, iron absorption from food is ideal, but it can be difficult to achieve the recommended daily amount. Currently, about 10 million Americans suffer from iron deficiency. If you are vegetarian, vegan or eat a mostly plant based diet, you may need to go to greater lengths to get the amount of iron required for optimal health.* This may also be true for athletes, pregnant women or those with gastrointestinal tract issues.* Nature’s Lab Iron Plus Vitamin C fast melt supplement is a fantastic way to support healthy iron levels in your body.*
- Lynch SR, Cook JD. Interaction of vitamin C and iron. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1980;355:32-44. doi: 10.1111/j.1749-6632.1980.tb21325.x. PMID: 6940487.
- Daily Value on the New Nutrition and Supplement Facts Labels. Accessed 10 January 2022. <https://www.fda.gov/food/new-nutrition-facts-label/daily-value-new-nutrition-and-supplement-facts-labels>.
- Taking iron supplements. Accessed 10 January, 2022. <https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/007478.htm>.
- Miller J. L. (2013). Iron deficiency anemia: a common and curable disease. Cold Spring Harbor perspectives in medicine, 3(7), a011866. https://doi.org/10.1101/cshperspect.a011866