10 Self Care Tips in 15 Minutes or Less
Self care is exactly what it sounds like: taking care of yourself. We can put more focus onto our tasks and responsibilities when we proactively look after ourselves. Try incorporating these 10 ideas into your self care routine.
2. Call a loved one: Sure, we may text our friends and family regularly, but how many of us really stop to chat? If you find yourself responding to texts on-the-go, in between work tasks or during your favorite TV show simply take 15 minutes to disconnect from everything else, pick up the phone and call someone who will brighten your day.
3. Listen to music: Many of us like to have music playing during our day, whether it’s background noise while we work or company during our commute. But how many times do we really stop to listen? Take some time at the beginning or end of your day to find some music that you connect with- it can be an energizing kickstart to your day or songs that help you relax and unwind. Whatever the genre, take 15 minutes to stop and really listen to see how it affects your mood.
4. Go outside: When we’re stressed, we sometimes feel stuck. Getting up and getting outside is an easy way to clear the mind while enjoying nature and fresh air. Plus, a short stroll helps keep us moving and is an easy way to incorporate the benefits of physical fitness into the day.*
5. Create a happy space: Take 15 minutes at the end of your day to light some candles, arrange some flowers, or add some plants or accent decorations or otherwise refresh your space in a way that makes you happy and cheerful.
6. Give yourself a mini at-home facial: With most of us having such busy schedules it may be hard to do this every day, nor is it necessary to, but I love taking a little extra time during my weekend at least once or twice a month to apply my favorite face mask to relax and give skin a healthy glow.* Looking for at home face mask recipes? Check out our Lemon Oil Brightening Face Mask to brighten your morning routine.
7. Enhance your morning routine: Many times we wake up right at the very last minute, leaving us rushing out the door to start our days. Wake up 15 minutes earlier to drink a glass of water, take your vitamins, and maybe even make time for a more mindful, healthy breakfast. By setting aside 15 extra minutes to use as we’d like in our mornings we can feel more calm and relaxed throughout the day.
8. Eat a Healthy Snack: It’s too easy to reach for sugar when we’re stressed or overwhelmed, which usually leaves us feeling worse afterwards. Boost your self care routine by reaching for a healthy snack like an apple or mixed veggies and hummus the next time the junk food urge creeps up.
9. Take Time for Yourself: Set aside 15 minutes to disconnect from the world. Step away from the phone, the internet, the TV, work and simply just be. Think positively, focus on what makes you feel good, meditate or journal- however your 15 unconnected minutes look, make sure you focus on yourself.
10. Enhance your sleep routine: Sleep and mental/emotional wellness are closely connected.* While we sleep, brain activity fluctuates during the various sleep stages. Each sleep stage plays a role in brain health and sufficient sleep can help facilitate the processing of emotional information.* Furthermore, restful sleep can support a plethora of other wellness processes including energy levels, productivity and even immune health.* Take 15 minutes before bed to unwind and support your sleep regimen with our supplements for relaxation and sleep.*
Supplements for Relaxation and Sleep